19 Benefits of Regular Business Planning
Come back from your summer holidays, refreshed and rejuvenated and invest one day away from emails, phones, problems and daily hassles and plan how to make the last 4 months of 2014 a great end to the year. Join us on Wednesday 10th September: BUSINESS PLANNING WORKSHOP
…and here are 19 Benefits of investing a little time planning:
- The world around us is constantly changing. We need the opportunity to think through what we’re going to do in response to those changes.
- An hour spent planning probably saves eight hours in execution. We can debate the actual return but it’s a fact that the planning process is an investment that generates better results, faster than no planning.
- We need a little space to review and recognise progress. What’s working, what’s not working, what didn’t we do, what did we do, let’s recognise progress (and celebrate progress!)
- We need to check that our long-term goals are still our long-term goals. Remind ourselves where we’re heading and determine if we’re still heading in the right direction. We may need to nudge ourselves back on track.
- It’ll be good to spend a little time making sure my numbers stack up.
- We can make sure we’re being strategic and not lurching from day to day.
- We can make sure there are things in our plan that are going to grow the business and make it more sustainable and robust. (Anything that isn’t growing, is dying. It’s impossible to stand still.)
- We can’t do everything (even thought we often try to and then feel we don’t do anything thoroughly or completely). Let’s determine our 1 or 2 priorities for the next few months. Let’s set some specific objectives, targets and actions between now and the end of the year.
- It’s going to be helpful to know what results we’re holding myself accountable to deliver.
- Clarity and focus are wonderful things. Let’s give ourselves some clarity and focus!
- We can set some specific objectives and targets for the rest of the team.
- It’s good to have a common goal for the whole team. We can go back and share with them again where we’re going and what our priorities are over the coming months. Communicating these things regularly is a good thing.
- Stepping back from the frenetic day-to-day will help us see the wood from the trees and we’ll be able to make better decisions.
- It’ll give us an opportunity to think about the problems that may arise over the coming months. It’ll give us some thinking time so we can plan how to avoid these problems or overcome them if they do happen.
- Business life can be tough and draining at times. Let’s spend a little time away and get re-energised and re-motivated. Let’s remind ourselves why we’re doing this (and going through this pain!)
- This is an opportunity to gain some new insights and new lessons – things that will help us achieve our goals.
- Successful people plan regularly. If it works for them, it will work for us. Let’s ‘model excellence’ and get into the habit of planning regularly.
- Perhaps if we mix with other like-minded, optimistic, enthusiastic business people we’ll learn from them too.
- It’ll feel great to have everything down on one piece of paper that we can stick on the wall where we can see it everyday. It’ll serve as a focus and a daily reminder of what we’re doing and where we’re going.
Our early-bird rate is available for another couple of days: PLANNING WORKSHOP